Are you looking for SOPEP Equipment, if so? then you are on the right website. Because in this article we will share list of inventory box SOPEP kit equipment requirements marpol.
- The action plan contains the duty of each crew member at the time of the spill, including emergency muster and actions.
- SOPEP contains the general information about the ship and the owner of the ship etc.
- Steps and procedure to contain the discharge of oil into the sea using SOPEP equipment
- It contains the inventory of the SOPEP material provided for pollution prevention such as oil absorbent pads, sawdust bags, booms etc.
- Onboard reporting procedure and requirement in case of an oil spill is described
- Authorities to contact and reporting requirements in case of an oil spill are listed in SOPEP. Authorities like port state control, oil clean up team etc are to be notified
- Authorities to contact and reporting requirements in case of an oil spill are listed in SOPEP. Authorities like port state control, oil clean up team etc. are to be notified.
- SOPEP includes drawing of various fuel lines, along with other oil lines on board vessel with the positioning of vents, save all trays etc.
- The general arrangement of the ship is also listed in SOPEP, which includes the location of all the oil tanks with capacity, content etc.
- The location of the SOPEP locker and contents of the locker with a list of inventory
- Guidance to keep the records of the pollution incident (for liability, compensation and insurance purpose)
- Material for Reference from essential organisations (guidelines issued by ICS, OCIMF, SIGTTO, INTERTANKO, etc.)
- Procedures for testing various plan described in the SOPEP
- Procedure to maintain the record as required by the authorities
- Details of when and how to review the plan